Regulatory frameworks are in constant evolution in Honduras and around the globe. As a result, new and harsher penalties, both criminal and administrative, are imposed on companies and individuals who are non-compliant with local and international laws and regulations.
At K&M Abogados we have extensive experience advising our clients on all aspects of regulatory compliance. As such, we serve as counsel to companies located in the following sectors:
- Financial institutions
- Real Estate
- Pharmaceutical and Chemical
- Public procurement
Also, wer are the only Honduran law firm with certified professionals in regulation and compliance by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) and the Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) Society, both recognized internationally by financial institutions, governments and regulators around the world.
With this in mind, our firm is the perfect ally to help you manage risk and lessen the impact of complex regulatory regimes on your daily operations.
2017- 2018 highlights:
- Jorge Kawas, partner at K&M Abogados, participates in World Bank Procuring Infrastructure Report 2018.
- Advisory to BAC Credomatic, a regional Bank, on real estate and financial issues.
- Our partner, Yelil Kawas, trains Banco Atlántida employees in compliance and Antimoney Laudry Schemes.
- K&M Drafts and implements compliance codes for real estate companies operating in the northern region of Honduras.
Previous transactional experience:
Advisors to the Board of Governors of Coalianza, Honduras’s office for Public-Private Partnerships.