Great corporate counsel goes far beyond a generalized knowledge of local business laws and regulations. At K&M Abogados we specialize in providing practical legal counsel in critical areas that determine the success of investments in Honduras.
As matter of fact, we regularly advise on issues relating to business incorporation, corporate governance, financial and insurance regulations, tax and compliance issues, transnational deals, family business operations and others alike.
Furthermore, our law firm perfectly understands the implications of the country’s tax regime and its impact on the profitability and competitiveness of a business venture. For this reason, we have honed for years our deep knowledge of national tax laws, international tax treaties, and specific laws and regulations applicable to national and foreign investments in specific sectors or industries.
Our goal is simple: to increase the profit margin of our clients, to reduce the risks of sanctions, and to avoid lengthy tax controversies or litigation. By working with us, our clients have an exceptional team of lawyers at their disposal that provide a seamless, comprehensive, and effective approach to their most complex and demanding commercial transactions.
Our experience in this area includes cases such as the following:
- Capitalization of regional bank group.
- Tax exception for US$15.0 million for the owner of the Central American Interconnected Power Grid company.
- Legal representative in request for Added Value Tax Exemption, for US$250.0 thousand, on behalf of the owner of the Central American Interconnected Power Grid company.
- Advisory and execution of a subordinated loan agreement between a regional bank and a multinational development bank, for US$10.0 million.
- Legal advisor on the dissolution a multi million dollar stock brokerage firm.
- Advisory to American NGO based in Washington with an estimated annual revenue of US$197.0 million.
- Advisors in Corporate Governance for an aeronautics company operating in the region.
- Drafting of a guarantee and administration trust for a Hydroelectric Energy Company.
- Legal advisor to Brazil Investors for the purchase of an energy company in norther Honduras.
- Capital Restructure of US$30.0 million for a national Cooperative to increase the financial return for its members.
- Incorporation of the largest Swiss Consumer Cooperative in Honduras for the exploitation of cacao.
- Advisory to the German Chancellery in the negotiation and drafting of a lease contract.
- Advisory to the affiliates of the German Chamber of Commerce in Tegucigalpa with regards to various tax issues.
- Advised on a fiscal structure to guarantee a minimum return on investment of 25% for a Chilean software company that was awarded a State contract by the Ministry of Education of Honduras.
- Advised a national airline carrier with regards to the reduction of the tax impact on their operations.
Other services we provide in this area are detailed below:
- Advisory with regulatory agencies.
- Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Corporate reorganization and Bankrupcy.
- Project Finance.
- NGO constitution.
- Incorporation and Registration of Private Corporations (Inc., LLCs, LLPs).
- Capital Increases.
- Drafting and amendment of Corporate Bylaws.
- Corporate Reorganization and Restructuring.
- Legal Due diligence.
If you are seeking legal counsel in corporate or tax matters, please schedule an appointment by clicking here.