Taxation has a relevant impact on the profitability and competitiveness of a business venture. In Honduras, governmental efforts to increase or maintain tax revenue levels pose difficult challenges for domestic and international corporation willing to invest in the country.
Therefore, deep knowledge of national tax laws, tax treaties, and information sharing programs is of great value to those entrepreneurs that want to increase their margins, reduce their risks and avoid lengthy tax controversies or litigation.
Our firm’s tax practice regularly advises national and foreign companies on how to create innovative tax-efficient structures to meet their most demanding business objectives within the rule of law. To achieve this, we work with in house professionals in the fields of accounting, economics, financial engineering and audit, to help you create tax planning strategies tailored to your needs, as well as practical solutions to advance the economic efficiency of your business.
2017- 2018 highlights:
- We obtained US$20,000,000.00 million tax exception for EPR, the owner of power lines and infrastructure.
- Successfully represented EPR with regards to US$30,000.00 tax refunds via Notes of Credit.
- Advisory to the affiliates of the German Chamber of Commerce in Tegucigalpa with regards to various tax issues.
- Advised on a fiscal structure to guarantee a minimum return on investment of 25% for a Chilean software company that was awarded a millionaire contract by the Ministry of Education of Honduras.
- Advised a national airline carrier with regards to the reduction of the tax impact on their operations.