Lawyers in K&M Abogados’ Corporate Crime Practice (CCP) have extensive experience defending companies and individuals against allegations relating to every significant area of white-collar crime.
These include fraud, embezzlement, money laundry, environmental crimes, shareholder litigation, regulatory investigations, international trade, antitrust and securities improprieties.
Our lawyers bring an understanding of the prosecution and enforcement function gained through decades of litigation in courtrooms nationwide, service in the judicial system or the office of the General Prosecutor, or by appointment as external advisors in complex cases.
Recent significant representations include*:
- Legal representation of businesses and individuals involved in the US$100.0 million embezzlment of the Honduran Social Security Institute (IHSS).
- Dismissal of a criminal action against the legal representatives of a Canadian mining company related to environmental crimes.
- Issuance of a legal opinion on a US$20.0 million shareholder dispute.
- Prison sentence obtained on behalf of our client in a case of defamation by a TV broadcaster.
* Please note that the criminal matters we handle are, by their very nature, sensitive to our clients, and we are committed to avoiding unwanted attention and publicity in connection with them. Accordingly, we have omitted client names from our descriptions. Other significant representations are not included for confidentiality reasons.