Government regulation has a profound impact on companies’ business operations and is a crucial factor in corporate strategic planning.
The lawyers in K&M Abogados’ Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice Group have an exceptional capacity to represent clients seeking to challenge or defend government regulation or to bring about appropriate action against government agencies.
The group comprises lawyers with high-level government experience, faculty professors from Honduras’ most prestigious universities and former judiciary members.
Our experience in this area includes Environmental Compliance and Litigation, Immigration and Naturalization, Mining Law, Securities Litigation and Regulation, Banking Law, Government Contracts, Antitrust and Trade Regulation.
The Firm’s specialists are involved in major innovative and complex transactions and regularly assist clients in contentious administrative proceedings advising individuals, corporations, commercial banks and public funded entities.
Some of our notable administrative law cases include*:
- Acquital of a former ambassador of Honduras in the USA with a disciplinary administrative proceeding at the Tribunal Superior de Cuentas for US$1.5 million.
- Representation in Immigration Law, Adoptions, NGO constitution, Naturalization and other related issues.
- We currently represent a Honduran real estate company in Honduras’ largest environmental damage and illegal expropriation lawsuit claim against the Ministry of Tourism.
- Current litigation on behalf of a patient that was victim of medical malpractice in a Honduran Public Hospital.
* Please note that the matters we handle are, by their very nature, sensitive to our clients, and we are committed to avoiding unwanted attention and publicity in connection with them. Accordingly, we have omitted client names from our descriptions. Other significant representations are not included for confidentiality reasons.