Our founding partner, Jorge Kawas Mejía is admitted to practice in the State of New York, U.S.A. and a former Harvard Law School LL.M. He is specially qualified to advise multinational corporations on the application of New York Law and its relation with honduran legislation.
Mr. Kawas is also a Doctor of Laws (with honors) from the University of Saint Charles of Guatemala, and an LL.B. (with honors) from the University of Navarra in Spain, one of Europe’s most renowned Law School. As a member of the Madrid Bar of Attorneys, he is also qualified to advise in European companies with regards to E.U. regulation and honduran legislation.
As a member of our firm, his relevant expertise in this area includes the following:
- Review of licencing agreements subject to New York Law.
- Review and drafting of contracts and agreements subject to New York Law.
- Advisory to European Union companies and cooperation agencies.
- Review of Money Transfer Agreements between US Corporations and a Honduran Bank.
- International Arbitration.