Great corporate counsel goes far beyond a generalized knowledge of local business laws and regulations. At K&M Abogados we specialize in providing practical legal counsel in critical areas that determine the success of national and multinational corporations operating in Honduras and the Central American Region.
As such, we regularly advise on matters relating to corporate governance, financial and insurance regulations, tax and compliance issues, transnational deals, family business operations and others alike to increase the return on investments made by our clients.
We also have a reputed and well-established practice that handles some of the most complex matters in business law today: such as mergers and acquisitions, project finance operations, drafting and overview the execution of transnational contracts, structure of trusts and Special Purpose Vehicles to canalize investments made in Honduras or abroad.
Working with us guarantees that you will have an exceptional team of lawyers and advisors that work in cross-practice teams to provide a seamless, comprehensive and effective approach to your most complex and demanding transactions.
Some of our most representative transactions in this area are as follows:
2017- 2018 highlights:
- External advisor to EPR, the owner of energy grid infrastructure of the SIEPAC I project in Central America.
- Advisory and drafting of legal documents for a US$10,000,000.00 million subordinated debt agreement for Banco Lafise Honduras.
- Legal advisor on the dissolution of Lafise Casa de Bolsa, a multimillion dollar stock brokerage firm.
- Advisory to ACDI-VOCA, an international development nonprofit organization based in Washington with an estimated annual revenue of US$197,000,000.0 millions.
- Advisors in Corporate Governance matters for Soluciones Aéreas de Honduras, S.A. de C.V., an aeronautics company operating in the region.
- Drafting of a guarantee and administration trust for a well-known Hydroelectric Energy Company.
- Restructure of a US$30,000,000.00 million Cooperative for the Employees of the Central American Bank for Economic Integration to increase the financial return of its members.
Previous transactional experience:
- Advisory and incorporation of the largest Swiss Consumer Cooperative in Honduras, Chocolats Halba Honduras, S.A. de C.V., for the exploitation of cacao, a company with an initial capital investment of L.10.000,000.00 million.
- Drafting of the Code of Ethics for a regional Multinational Development Bank.
- Advisory to the German Chancellery in the negotiation and drafting of a 20 year lease for the embassy.
Some of the services we provide in this area are as follows:
- Advisory with regulatory agencies
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate reorganization and Bankrupcy
- Project Finance
- NGO constitution.
- Incorporation and Registration of Private Corporations (Inc., LLCs, LLPs).
- Capital Increases.
- Drafting and amendment of Corporate Bylaws.
- Corporate Reorganization and Restructuring.
- Legal Due diligence.
General Advisory for national and international companies.