K&M Abogados serves the needs of many of the largest banks, cooperatives and insurance companies in Honduras and the Central American Region. Some of our clients in this area are the Central American Bank for Economic Integration, Banco de América Central Honduras (BAC Credomatic) and Banco Lafise Honduras, among others. We also have a significant and well renowned practice advising sponsors and corporate borrowers who wish to restructure loans and obligations.
We strive to be the law firm of choice for businessess who wish to structure leveraged buyouts and recapitalizations, secured finance transactions, asset-based lending, acquisition of distressed assets, real estate transactions and structured trade.
Our broad expertise on financial regulation and compliance gives us unprecedented insight and understanding of intricate transactions and allows us to apply that knowledge and experience structuring innovative deals for our clients.
2017- 2018 highlights:
- Legal Advisors to Mercoin, on a US$20,000,000.00 trust restructure plan.
- Restructure of a US$1,300,000.00 debt for an international real estate investor.
- General advisory to Credomatic with regards to execution of Bank guarantees.
- Advisor to Banco Lafise on financial contracts, trusts and real estate transactions.
Previous transactional experience:
- Negotiation and drafting of a US$7,000,000.00 trust agreement to channel international cooperation for a Honduran Public Hospitals.
- Claim before the National Bank Commission (CNBS) against a local insurance company for dennyng the payment of an insurance policy resulting form an airplane crash.
- Negotiation of indemnization resulting of a automobile crash with a bank’s armored vehicle.
Some of our work in the banking and financial industry includes, but is not limited to:
- Negotiation, drafting and review of banking contracts such as: loans, secured credit, deposits, commercial discount, factoring, leasing and lease back, trust agreements, secured credit lending.
- Asset backed securitization.
- Structuring of financial operations and syndicated loans.
- Mergers, acquisitions, split and wind down of financial institutions.
- Advisory and execution of capital market operations.
- Regulatory and compliance advisory.