K&M Legal litigation practice offers legal counsel and representation in all types of litigation and adversarial proceedings involving Honduran law before the various jurisdictional bodies of the Republic of Honduras: Civil Courts, Administrative Courts, Labor Tribunals, Administrative & Government Agencies, Private Arbitration, and Criminal Courts.
We are widely recognized for our ability to represent clients on their most critical litigation issues. The firm can rapidly assemble a focused, integrated and efficient team of expert lawyers to address all important aspects of a client’s problem. As a tight-knit group of lawyers, we are able to approach each matter with intensity, thoroughness and creativity and build teams appropriate to the circumstances.
Our clients are in diverse industries, including finance, insurance, energy, industrial, consumer, retail and real estate, among others. We make appearances in courts throughout the country at both trial and appellate levels, as well as in arbitrations and mediations.
Our firm’s expertise extends to:
• Commercial and Civil litigation, including
- Bank and financial institution liability
- Consumer protection
- Contractual liability
- Corporate matters and Director’s liability
- Securities regulation claims
Real estate development and construction
- Shareholder activism
- Sindicated Loans
- Trust and estates
- Insurance litigation
• Criminal matters
- Money Laundry claims
- Tax Evasion claims
• Administrative matters, including
- Challenges to regulatory actions
- Disputes arising from public concessions and expropriations
- Disputes arising from public bids and government contracts
- Environmental claims
- Immigration and Naturalization
• Labor and employment related disputes
• Tax investigations, assessments and litigation
• Intellectual property litigation
Litigation partners frequently work with U.S. and European counsels acting as expert witnesses or foreign counsel, in proceedings before foreign courts.
Our lawyers are very knowledgeable of the arbitration rules of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC). In addition, three of our partners are accredited arbitrators before the Honduran Chamber of Commerce.